- Content Tabs:
TICKET TO RIDE: Get on board with sustainable travel
Saturday 11 November: 13:00 – 16:00
Perth Concert Hall Foyer and Plaza
Join us for an afternoon exploring sustainable travel with Perth Theatre and Concert Hall, artist Helen McCrorie, Creative Carbon Scotland and invited speakers.
• Hear from invited experts and activists who will be discussing the future of sustainable travel in Perth & Kinross and Tayside, with a focus on buses and community transport, followed by a roundtable discussion and Q & A;
• View an exhibition of creative work exploring bus travel, its benefits, and barriers to using the bus, produced by Perth Theatre and Concert Hall audiences and at Climate Cafés around Perth & Kinross, with artist Helen McCrorie;
• Watch a screening of a new film exploring buses for communities, by Helen McCrorie in collaboration with Craigie Choir;
• Visit an exhibition on a converted bus! We have invited the Travelling Gallery to park on the Plaza, with their current exhibition on the theme of care;
• Enjoy music from the Kinross Kacophony Orchestra.
We all know that changing how we travel is a major part of tackling climate change. But change can be tricky. This creative event will be an opportunity to learn about how you can use more low carbon travel and share your views on what needs to be done locally to support better sustainable transport. Come along and get involved!
This free and accessible drop-in event is open to people of all ages. Timings below:
13:00 - Opening and welcome
13:15 and throughout the afternoon - Visit the Travelling Gallery on the Plaza and view the creative exhibitions in the Foyer
13:30 (premiere) and throughout the afternoon - Screening of new film exploring bus travel featuring Craigie Choir
14:00 - Performance from Kinross Kacophony Orchestra
14:30 - Panel discussion with Margaret Roy, Public Transport Team Leader for Perth & Kinross Council and Ellie Harrison, artist and public transport campaigner, followed by a roundtable discussion.
16:00 - Finish
This event is part of Perth Concert Hall's Transforming Audience Travel Through Art project, with Creative Carbon Scotland, funded by Paths for All’s Smarter Choices Smarter Places programme. Find out more here.
EventDateVenueOther InfoSat 11 Nov 2023: 13:00Perth Concert Hall Foyer and Plaza